If you have security cameras and recorders from different brands and are concerned with the question, "Are Hikvision cameras compatible with Lorex NVR?" I have good news for you. So keep reading.
Yes, Hikvision cameras are compatible with Lorex NVRs. You can add them to the recorder via the ONVIF, a universal standard protocol widely used worldwide.
Use ONVIF to add Hikvision camera to Lorex NVR
IP cameras and NVRs (Network Video Recorder) must use a common protocol to communicate. They can either use the manufacturer's proprietary protocol or the ONVIF protocol if available on both devices.
Here's how to add a Hikvision camera to a Lorex NVR.
- Login into the Hikvision camera;
- Go to Network > Advanced Settings >Integration Protocol;
- Select the checkbox to Enable ONVIF;
- Login into the Lorex NVR;
- Go to Setup > Remote Device > Manual Add;
- Select the ONVIF protocol;
- Enter the camera information;
- Save the configuration.
The following pictures show the configuration details.
- Enable the ONVIF protocol on the Hikvision camera.
- Add the camera to the Lorex NVR via the ONVIF protocol.
- Check the configuration to make sure the camera was added.
- Enjoy the new camera.
And it's done.
As you can see, the process is very simple.
Now you know how to add a Hikvision camera to a Lorex NVR, please click the buttons below to share this information and help other people.
Claudemir Martins is a former Samsung Engineer with 19+ years of experience in the surveillance industry. He has been traveling around 17 different countries to teach people how to design, and install CCTV systems. He is currently working for Axis Communications as a Technical Services Engineer and living in the United States with his family.