If you have security cameras and recorders from different brands and are concerned with the question, "Are Hikvision cameras compatible with Lorex NVR?" I have good news for you. So keep reading.
Yes, Hikvision cameras are compatible with Lorex NVRs. You can add them to the recorder via the ONVIF, a universal standard protocol widely used worldwide.
Use ONVIF to add Hikvision camera to Lorex NVR
IP cameras and NVRs (Network Video Recorder) must use a common protocol to communicate. They can either use the manufacturer's proprietary protocol or the ONVIF protocol if available on both devices.
Here's how to add a Hikvision camera to a Lorex NVR.
- Login into the Hikvision camera;
- Go to Network > Advanced Settings >Integration Protocol;
- Select the checkbox to Enable ONVIF;
- Login into the Lorex NVR;
- Go to Setup > Remote Device > Manual Add;
- Select the ONVIF protocol;
- Enter the camera information;
- Save the configuration.
The following pictures show the configuration details.
- Enable the ONVIF protocol on the Hikvision camera.
- Add the camera to the Lorex NVR via the ONVIF protocol.
- Check the configuration to make sure the camera was added.
- Enjoy the new camera.
And it's done.
As you can see, the process is very simple.
Now you know how to add a Hikvision camera to a Lorex NVR, please click the buttons below to share this information and help other people.
Claudemir Martins is a former Samsung Engineer with 18+ experience in the surveillance industry. He has been traveling around 17 different countries to teach people how to design, and install CCTV systems.