In this article, I explain how to fix the ADT error code 103.
This problem usually appears on the ADT Safewatch Pro 2000 and Pro 3000 series, but you don't need to call a technician because there's a quick solution, and you can do it yourself.
If you see the message "103 check lngrng radio" on the ADT panel, this means there's an issue related to the system's backup communicator.
How to fix the ADT error code 103
All you need to do is put the system into test mode and then open the keypad to execute a reset procedure. Just follow the steps below.
- Close the doors and windows the same way you usually do when you are about to turn on the alarm;
- Enter your code and type 5;
- Open the keypad;
- Disconnect the white cable for 20 seconds;
- Connect the white cable back and close the keypad;
- Enter your code into the keypad;
- Press the "Off" button two times.
That should reset the ADT system and solve the error code 103.
See the pictures below for details...
Pull the connector to disconnect the cable.
Wait 20 seconds before re-connect the cable.
Close the Keypad and press the "OFF" button twice.
That's easy, isn't it?
And that's how you can fix the ADT error code 103.
You can now avoid paying $90 to have an ADT technician coming to your house just to reset the keypad.
I hope this article can help you; please share it with your friends.